Sunday, July 3, 2011

The work has begun!

The first full weekend of work on the house has begun and come to an end. What a great weekend it has been. We knew the house was a perfect match for us. The house is everything I would dream about and the land and out building appeases the man of the house as well as Molly dog! The work started on Friday. I started in the north bedroom taking the wallpaper down (luckily it was just a border). My mother-in-law came by and decided to work on the bathroom. O' My Gosh how lucky we were. We used a vinager/water solution and the printed side of the paper came of in strips. We then soaked the glue part, took a putty knife and for the most part the glue came off as easy as the print side. I think it took her maybe 1 hour and 1/2 to get the paper off. It has been amazing!


North bedrm before

North Bedrm after












So far we have taken the wall paper off both bedrooms downstairs, the master bedroom, the laundry room, hall way to the garage and the 1/2 bath downstairs. These all had borders and all came off with ease; we were AMAZED and so thankful. All we had to use was 1/2 and 1/2 solution of vinager and hot water. The master bath had a border and wall paper at the bottom. I had 1/2 done on Saturday and the rest done this morning by noon.  Here is a picture of the master bath wall. Hope you can see how it just almost fell off the wall. We had someone on our side!!!

master bath in corner


Same corner of master bathroom about 10 min later.











We have kicked some butt the last two days. My aunt came over yesterday to help and then came back today. What a life saver she has been. I have taped the north room, and just waiting to sand some nail holes that we fixed. Tomorrow I will be taping the south room and then beginning to paint. I never dream we would have this much luck and neither did Dean! I tried to talk to him about a couple of projects he was going to do but was told, 'when your project is completed then we will talk' Well buddy get ready because my project will be done quicker than either of us thought! Thank goodness. I will be painting both rooms and starting on the master bedroom by the end of the week!!!! YEAH!!!

We went out on the deck after a brief pour down and wow it was getting cooler and the breeze was great! It was so quite and the birds are finding the bird feeder. It is great! Then I come home to where we live now go out on the deck and its quite and breezy. Look at an see our neigbors across the street.

Quite a difference. BTW I think we have found more muscles in our bodies than we ever knew we had or have ever used. I knew I was getting old but holy smokes getting out of bed this morning was pretty tough! and if you sit for a period of time you are pretty much done!  keep on the look out for painted rooms soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment